GeoDirectory allows you to turn any WordPress theme into a powerful, fast directory. The plugin is more focused on generating a global business directory, but you can cut that down into certain sections of the world or only cater to your neighborhood. It’s a WordPress multisite compatible plugin, which makes it excellent for building a network of directories or installing it on multiple client sites. The majority of the plugin is given to you for free, but several add-ons are sold for adding events, multilocation, pricing, reviews, and BuddyPress integrations. These add-ons typically start at $19.
GO TO THE WEBSITE
One of the main reasons I enjoy GeoDirectory is because of the beautiful search interface. The plugin has a frontend form for both regular users and merchants who want to add listings. The business pages are brought up in order of the proximity to the user, with large, clickable thumbnails to the left and a beautiful Google Map next to it. When someone clicks on a business they can search for directions right from your website. There’s even a CSV import and export tool for filling multiple listings at one time or moving them to another site.
With GeoDirectory’s lightweight, scalable interface, it’s one of the few free directory plugins useful for massive growth and lots of traffic. The developer also sells directory themes if you’re starting a site from scratch.
Main Reasons We Like This WordPress Directory Plugin:
- GeoDirectory has a frontend form for people to submit listings and edit those listings with a drag and drop editor.
- There are 13 field types for constructing your custom forms and making them fit your website.
- Over 15 widgets and 12 widget areas are provided with the plugin. You also get some shortcode options.
- Google Analytics information is shown for merchants with listings. This way, they can see how much your website is helping their business.
- Several forms are built into the plugin, and they are mainly for user reviews, business inquiries, and sending information to friends.
- The plugin is free, but you have dozens of affordable add-ons for functions like custom Google Maps, AffiliateWP integration, list management, social importing, and more.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest updates
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.